Building(s) for Europe
As part of the festivities marking the 50th anniversary of the Treaty of Rome, the Fonds Quartier Européen administered by the Fondation Roi Baudouin has taken the initiative of organising this exhibition on the past and future of the European districts of Brussels. It outlines the history of European Union buildings in Brussels since the decision by the six founder countries in 1958 to make Brussels the temporary headquarters of the institutions until the three headquarters were finally decided on at the Edinburgh summit in 1992.
The exhibition, bringing together past, present and future, attempts to put this specific situation into perspective by tracing the history of European Union buildings in Brussels.
Coast created the overall graphic look of the exhibition. The exhibition architecture was developped by Claisse Architects.